News
JUST IN: Oyo Slain Teacher Oyedokun Mourned as Family Reveals He Died Childless After 10-Year Marriage
The late teacher was among several staff members of Community High School Ahoro-Esiele who were seized during a coordinated attack by armed men in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.
He was abducted alongside other teachers during the raid carried out on Friday, which also affected nearby schools including Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota, and LA Primary School in Ogbomoso.
The attack claimed multiple lives, including an assistant headmaster, Joel Adesiyan, as well as a commercial motorcyclist, while several victims were taken away by the assailants.
Following the incident, the Oyo State Government ordered the closure of schools in four local government areas as security agencies intensified rescue and recovery operations.
A disturbing video later surfaced online, allegedly showing the abducted teacher and other victims in captivity, sparking widespread outrage and deep concern over the safety of those still missing.
Family Describes Painful Loss
Speaking on behalf of the family, Ebeni Adediran described Oyedokun as a peaceful, humble, and dedicated educator who devoted over two decades of his life to teaching.
He said the late teacher had a strong educational background, attending primary school and later Ogbomoso Baptist High School before advancing his studies and eventually becoming a teacher.
According to him, Oyedokun served in different locations during his career, including Oke-Ogun, before being transferred back to his home community last year.
“He was very calm and accommodating. He always maintained close contact with his parents and visited them regularly,” he said.
The family member described his death as a devastating blow that has left a major void within the family due to his character, humility, and close bond with relatives.
Died Without a Child After Long Marriage
One of the most painful revelations from the family was that Oyedokun died without leaving a child, despite being married for over a decade.
According to Adediran, the teacher and his wife had been married for more than 10 years without a child, despite efforts to start a family.
He said the situation has made the tragedy even more difficult for the family to bear, as there is now no direct offspring to continue his lineage.
Family Calls for Respect and Privacy
The bereaved family also appealed to Nigerians and social media users to stop sharing graphic videos and images of the slain teacher.
They said the continued circulation of disturbing content was worsening their emotional trauma and making the grieving process more painful for relatives.
“We truly appreciate the love and sympathy shown towards our family during this painful time,” the statement said.
“However, the continuous circulation of those videos and images is deeply traumatizing for us.”
The family added that repeated exposure to the footage has been especially distressing for close relatives, including nieces, nephews, and extended family members, who are struggling to cope with the loss.
News
JUST IN: Two CRIN Officials Abducted as Oyo Police Debunk Mass Kidnapping Claims
In a statement issued on Wednesday, police spokesperson Olushola Ayanlade described the viral reports as false, misleading, and capable of causing panic among residents.
According to the command, no mass abduction incident was recorded anywhere in Ibadan or surrounding communities apart from the reported kidnapping involving the CRIN workers.
“The Command views the dissemination of such unverified and sensational reports as highly irresponsible and capable of creating unnecessary fear, panic and tension among residents,” the statement said.
The police also warned bloggers, media outlets, and social media users against publishing unverified security reports, stressing that false information could undermine ongoing security operations and divert attention from genuine emergencies.
Two Suspects Arrested
Ayanlade disclosed that two suspects connected to the abduction had already been arrested by security operatives.
He explained that the police received a distress report at about 6 p.m. on Tuesday from the chief security officer of CRIN through the Idi-Ayunre Divisional Police Headquarters.
Preliminary investigations revealed that about six armed men invaded the area and abducted two staff members of the institute before taking them to an unknown location.
Following the report, the Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Abimbola Olugbemiga, ordered the immediate deployment of tactical and intelligence teams, including operatives from the anti-kidnapping squad.
Security teams subsequently launched coordinated bush-combing and search operations across nearby forest areas believed to be linked to the kidnappers.
Police Operatives Repel Gunfire Attack
During one of the operations carried out on May 20, 2026, police operatives reportedly intercepted two suspicious individuals identified as Shehu and Abubakar.
According to the police statement, the suspects initially agreed to lead officers to the hideout of the kidnapping syndicate.
However, while approaching the location, armed men suspected to be members of the gang allegedly opened fire on the police team.
The operatives responded to the attack and successfully repelled the gunmen while safely extracting the two suspects from the scene.
The suspects are currently being held by the anti-kidnapping squad as investigations continue and efforts intensify to rescue the abducted victims.
News
2027 Election: Tinubu doesn’t trust me as Igbo man – Cubana Chief Priest
Speaking during a chat with popular content creator Peller on Tuesday evening, the nightlife promoter said he believes his Igbo background and his earlier political alignment with Obi continue to affect how he is perceived politically.
“Let me tell you, as I am now, Tinubu doesn’t really trust me as an Igbo man. He looks at me with one eye. He is still like ‘this one that has worked for Peter Obi before,’” he said.
Cubana Chief Priest explained that although he supported Peter Obi in the 2023 election, he later decided to back Tinubu ahead of the 2027 political season because he believes Obi has little chance of defeating the current president.
The celebrity businessman recently made headlines after picking up the nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to contest for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.
However, he failed to secure the APC ticket. Following the outcome, he later claimed he never truly entered the race despite the widespread publicity surrounding his political ambition.
Cubana Chief Priest currently serves as the Imo State Coordinator of the City Boys Movement, a political support group associated with President Tinubu.
After news of his failed bid emerged online, social media users reacted with mixed opinions, with many mocking the celebrity entrepreneur and suggesting he may have underestimated the realities of Nigerian politics.
Despite the setback, Seyi Tinubu publicly encouraged him through a message shared on Instagram.
In the post, Seyi Tinubu urged Cubana Chief Priest not to lose hope, stressing that political disappointments can sometimes become stepping stones to greater opportunities in the future.
The remarks by Cubana Chief Priest have continued to spark conversations online, especially as political discussions around the 2027 presidential election begin to intensify across the country.
News
Dele Momodu Urges Southern Aspirants to Back Jonathan or Peter Obi for 2027
Speaking during an appearance on Channels Television, Momodu argued that opposition parties must focus on building a strong political consensus rather than concentrating on regional power rotation if they intend to defeat the current administration.
According to him, insisting that the presidency must remain in the South may divide opposition forces and reduce their chances in the next election cycle.
“Strategically, there is no basis for zoning. Anybody who wants to remove Tinubu will have to come from the opposite direction,” Momodu stated.
He added that opposition leaders should consider rallying around a strong northern candidate such as Atiku Abubakar or Aminu Tambuwal if they are serious about mounting a competitive challenge in 2027.
Momodu stressed that zoning is not recognised in Nigeria’s Constitution and argued that political parties should avoid distractions that could weaken their electoral strategy.
The publisher also described the North as a powerful voting bloc capable of deciding the outcome of the election if it unites behind a single candidate.
“If the North fields one candidate, nobody can defeat them. I am sure about that,” he said.
He further advised southern presidential hopefuls, including former President Goodluck Jonathan, former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, and Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, to meet and consider supporting a consensus candidate to prevent a split in southern votes.
“I would suggest that the southern candidates should meet urgently, if possible, and maybe they will withdraw for Jonathan or for Peter Obi,” he said.
Momodu warned that if multiple southern candidates remain in the race, it could work against the region politically and improve Tinubu’s chances of retaining power.
Looking ahead to the 2027 election, he predicted that the contest would likely be shaped by Nigeria’s most influential political figures and alliances.
He described both Jonathan and Tinubu as formidable contenders, while also pointing to the potential political strength of a partnership involving Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso.
Momodu maintained that consensus remains the most practical path for the opposition, insisting there is little time to waste on divisive internal primaries if opposition parties truly want to challenge the ruling government successfully.
-
News3 months agoWike Declares End to Rift with Governor Fubara Following Tinubu’s Peace Intervention
-
News3 months agoEx-ADC National Woman Leader Kayauta Yakubu Officially Joins APC in Abuja
-
News3 months agoEl-Rufai Accuses Akpabio of Driving Electoral Act Amendment Controversy [Video]
-
News2 months agoHow Police Uncovered ₦100m Loot and Arrested 10 Suspects
-
News2 months agoJUST IN: Fuel Prices Drop Again as NNPCL, Dangote Cut Rates Across Nigeria
-
News3 months agoOkonjo-Iweala Raises Alarm Over Fake AI Video Impersonating Her
-
News3 months agoTinubu Says Terrorism Is Alien to Nigeria, Keeping Leaders Awake at Night
-
News3 months agoIPOB Condemns Anambra Government for Sealing Shops During Monday Sit-at-Home